Aloevera_Preparation

STEP 1
wipe the step with a paper towel to clear off dust

Take a sharp kitchen knife and a sheet of paper towel to your aloe Vera plant.Find the thickest,healthiest looking leaf,and slice it away from the plant.(Don't worry,the plant will heal the cut closed very quickly).I use the paper towel to wipe the leaf clean of any dust that might be on it.
STEP 2
Come back to your kitchen table.Cut off the cut end once more where you see the yellow or amber colour bleed from it.That is a very healing ingredient,but it has a bitter taste.Personally I avoid that,but if I were sick enough,I'd take that too! 

slice the stem up along the side and spread eagle on a plateNow I fetch a long oval plate out of the cupboard and lay down the aloe leaf on it's side.With the knife still in hand,I slice up the side for the full length of the leaf,but I try to leave the other side in-tact at the skin.Now I can lay the leaf open with the bottom and the top halves both facing up.They are hinged together by the skin I did not cut through.


STEP 3
scrape out the clear gelNext I put down the knife and pick up a teaspoon.With the spoon,I scrape gently but firmly down the full length of the leaf from the pointed end to the cut end.Try to avoid catching the green gel of the skin,as it will taste bitter too.We just want the clear aloe gel as it is tasteless.(Well,on a hot day I prefer it cool so it is easier to swallow,but in our sun room,it was chilly most of the year).


STEP 4
cut up the gel in small bitsWith the knife and spoon I cut up the long slippery pieces of aloe gel so they are like small bit-sizes.(Some of us have vivid imaginations and can get crazy ideas if a long slippery thing goes down our throats).Since they are hard to get a hold of,I scrap the gel pieces into a small medicine cup.

put the gel into a small medicine cup - or large spoon

LAST STEP
Lift up the cup and throw it back into your mouth and down the throat.If your imagination is doing a number on you,drink some water or juice right after it.For the squeamish ones,I would toss it into a juicer with some other juice.One short buzz and you have no idea that you're eating your aloe Vera,for it has no real taste but what other foods contribute when combined.


My Dad had no trouble swallowing that mini-cup(about 4 tablespoons full) in one gulp at a time.I usually pick the pieces off the plate with a teaspoon and eat them.Read
Dad's story of how he was healed of bleeding stomach ulcers and shingles through eating aloe Vera.

You might want to read the 
testimony of Mike Adams who was healed,and eats aloe Vera every day too.For still more information about aloe Vera and its uses visit the aloe--Vera--guide.